Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

We have a pair of staffordshire dogs as in the photo. They

Customer Question

We have a pair of staffordshire dogs as in the photo. They have no color on the back and no stamp. There are small holes on the back. They have painted eyes. As the people who bought them were in England they probably were from there.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: They are just under a foot tall.....11 1/2 inches. The ceramic on the bottom is a bit rough as if made by hand.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Your photo did not come through at this end.

Please send photos of your dogs both of the dogs as well as any marks that might tell the maker.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "reply to expert" or "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Kind regards,
Doris