Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

My mother-in-law has had what she calls a "toddler bed" for

Customer Question

My mother-in-law has had what she calls a "toddler bed" for many years. The family has no idea where she obtained it. We are curious about its age and possible value. It shows signs of wear and tear; however, the family hopes to restore it as much as possible. The bed looks like a table with the top being hinged. When the top/lid is open, the inside contains a box-spring type mattress. The front has some small details to resemble drawers. I have a photo if you'd like to see it. We have not found any identifying information on it, but it is still in storage and a little difficult to see.
I'd appreciate any help you can provide us.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

At your convenience, please send images of the table with the top open to show the bed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nora:It may take several days for me to get additional photos, but I will certainly do that. Is there anything else I can provide to help?Thank You - Veronica
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Hi Veronica,

You can send images at your convenience, no rush. At this juncture, photos will be the most helpful in determining the value.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nora:I still have not been able to obtain the photos you requested. I will try to get them very soon. I noticed today that my credit card has been charged a $5.00 deposit for this service as well as $33.00 for an appraisal, which I have not received yet. I have no problem with the initial deposit; however, the $33.00 charge needs to be removed. Can you assist me with this?Thank You - Veronica
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Hi Veronica,

Please note that experts here are not employees of, experts are verified users who do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. For such queries, use this link for assistance: