Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a painting by Kitty Hockman and was wondering if it

Customer Question

I have a painting by Kitty Hockman and was wondering if it is worth anything. There is a provenance on the back of the painting explaining who she was. It states that she was born in New York City and studied painting and drawing with Evelyn Elsgrau and Nicholas Carone. Both are from the Hans Hofmann philosophical school of painting, specifically dealing with perception, plasticity, and metaphysical reality.
She further studied with Leo Manso; various media with Gregorio Prestopino and Margrit Beck; watercolor with Ed Whitney; and printmaking with Ruth Leaf. She has also studied at the Art Students League and Brooklyn Museum Art school.
Her work is included in many art collections and has received recognition from Audubon Artists, The National Arts Club and the Hunterdon Arts Center.
The name of the print is "Other Worlds".
Please let me know, if you can, if there is any value in this painting.
Thank you.
Elizabeth Barlau
161 N 3rd Street
New Castle, CO 81647 (###) ###-####
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I add photo?