rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have two water color paintings that appear to be of San

Customer Question

I have two water color paintings that appear to be of San Diego from the 50's by an artist by the name or Bill Noonan. He was the director of art and graphics for the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park.
I haven't been able to locate any other works from him so I have no idea if they have any value?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.

Bill Noonan was the chief graphic designer and illustrator for the Zoo in the 1970's and

was a freelance illustrator before that, so these pieces from the 50's do fit in with his

timeline and career history. These watercolors would have a current value of $75 to $100 each

retail on average. Watercolor originals do not garner as much as oil or acrylic paintings, no matter the artist.

I am also a watercolor artist and an author on the subject of watercolor and this is the unfortunate

truth and I really wish it were different in that aspect.
Some sites that I recommend for selling are,,, Ebay and
You can also go to or and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them, probably the best option in this case.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.