rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a very old Fairbanks scale and am looking to sell it.

Customer Question

I have a very old Fairbanks scale and am looking to sell it. I have a picture of it and am looking for the best place to go.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

This is an early 1900's (1900 to 1930) Fairbanks Imperial grocer's scale. It may have been repainted at some point in the distant past.

This scale has a current value of $250 to $300 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com. In this case, it would be best to pick a site where you are selling locally so that shipping is not part of your sale. Varagesale and letgo.com are two of the best for that type of sale. I don't usually recommend Craigslist because it is not a good target audience for antique items.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.