Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a marble plate excavated in Italy from the Etruscan

Customer Question

I have a marble plate excavated in Italy from the Etruscan period. It was from the collection of Mrs. Charles Revlon collection. What is it worth today?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 10 months ago.

Hi Lavonia,

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your Etruscan plate.

Could you very kindly attach a photo of it, front and back.

Also, provenance is everything when it comes to the value of antiquarian items such as this. In other words, do you have any letters or a bill of sale linking this piece to the late Mrs Charles Revson? Or is it just word of mouth?

Also, did she have any documentation as to where and when it was excavated and by whom? If it was by a professional archaeologist then the value goes up substantially.

Let me hear back and we'll go from there.

Many thanks,
Robert.

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

You need to be logged in to the JustAnswer site to do this. You can’t do it from email.

If you get stuck go here for help.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes.

Thanks R.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
how do I chat online with the expert?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do I chat online with the expert, Robert?

Hi Lavonia,

There's no need to respond to any phone request, it will cost you an extra $18 which you don't need to pay. The phone requests appear to come from me, but do not, they are automatically generated by the site.

I don't work for JustAnswer, I operate as an independent appraiser, so have no control over what they put on your screen! So my apologies for that, please ignore.

If you are having difficulties attaching photos you can by all means email them to me, it just takes a little longer to get to me.

The only address that works is:

*****@******.***

Mark the email for my attention, Robert S. in the Antiques category otherwise they won't know who to send it to. All emails have to go through a third party to protect everyone's privacy. It may take up to 24 hours, but I'll let you know as soon as I see it/them this end.

Many thanks,
Robert

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I would like to chat online.OK?

I'll be much more use to you once I've seen photos of what I'm appraising. Right now I don't know what it is you have.

Could you very kindly attach images and we can go from there.

Robert.

Expert:  Robert S. replied 9 months ago.

Hi Lavonia,

Thanks for trying to send the photos, unfortunately the attachments did not contain any pictures of the item.

Can you very kindly try again?

Alternatively, now you have the photos in your computer, you can get them to me instantly by uploading them to a free public picture hosting site and giving me the link to where you put them.

The one I prefer is www.imgur.com

Just two clicks and a copy and paste and you are done.

Go to http://www.imgur.com/
(no need to 'sign in' or 'sign up' it makes it too complicated)
Click on "New Post"
Click on "Browse"
Select the pictures you want to send me from the box that pops up.
Hit "open".
Click on "Copy"
and paste it here where you are typing to me (the quickest was to "paste" is by right clicking the mouse and hitting "paste" in the menu bar that pops up).

Hope this helps!

Robert