rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a 6 piece distinctive furniture bedroom set. It was

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 6 piece John Cameron distinctive furniture bedroom set. It was purchased in 1959 in Bronx NY. Set consist of. Full size bed, 2 night stands, triple size dresser with matching mirror and a chest. All have custom glass tops. Was wondering if any insight on value. Condition is good. Thanks
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: Also - it does have the metal 'John Cameron' plate in the top left drawer of chest. I understand that may increase value estimate
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Not that I'm aware, unless there is some specific question from your side
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi. I will send what I have on my phone/previously took. I did not capture the metal plate, but can send later. I did see one on the Internet and it looked exactly the same, but will forward (furniture at a different location)

Mid-Century, circa 1959, JOHN CAMERON DISTINCTIVE FURNITURE bedroom set (with custom glass tops) consisting of;

Full size bed

2 night stands

Long dresser w/ matching hanging mirror

Tall dresser

has a current value of $600 for the set based on recent sales of similar sets from this maker. Values range from $225 to $600 for different styled sets with this many pieces.

Some sites that I recommend are Varagesale.com, Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, Lushpad, Krrb.com, and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.