Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have my grandfather's very old accordian, 100 years or

Customer Question

I have my grandfather's very old accordian, 100 years or more, made in Germany. It does not have keys, but rather round buttons to press - one sound for air in and one for air out - the buttons are Mother of Pearl. The face of the accordian also has a floral design, all in Mother of Pearl on black enamel. All notes function and are still intact. Some tape was applied to the bellows long ago, but are part of the instrument which still plays beautifully. No brand name anywhere on the instrument. How much would this instrument be worth?Yvonne *
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 month ago.

Hello Yvonne,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Are you sure this is an accordion and not a concertina?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The shape resembles an accordion, though smaller than modern day accordions. Concertinas are much smaller and octagon shaped, aren't they?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can send a picture from my iPhone. May I have an email address?

Yes - a picture would be very helpful in identifying what you have.

You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello -
Hope you have received the photos I sent. I'm eager to hear your thoughts.Yvonne