Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

What is the age and value of a Kittinger CW167 hexagon drop

Customer Question

What is the age and value of a Kittinger CW167 hexagon drop leaf table with Serial number 8?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

The Kittinger CW 167 is based on a 1740 English Queen Anne/King George II design. This can garner as high as $800 - $1300 on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Hi Nora,

That doesn't really answer my question completely. The serial number is ***** Does that provide any information on the approximate date the piece was produced or the value?

Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

The way the Kittinger mark appears on your table will help establish and determine the date, though most from this series was produced in the mid 20th century. The number 8 on it is for a numbered set and does not have bearing on value.

At your convenience, please send an image of the Kittinger stamp/label or tag on this and I will help further narrow down the age for you.

Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.