Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

I have a string of very old looking hand carved pornographic

Customer Question

I have a string of very old looking hand carved pornographic beads I was wondering if they are of any value
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

These are vintage Japanese and made in the style of carved netsuke; however they are made of molded polyresin. On today's market these can sell for as high as $5 - $20 per bead.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
But there are no seem lines from a mold. I have looked them over very closely what you would think is actually isn't and are to heavy to be made from what you are saying .
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Polyresins made from stone powder can actually be weightier than one imagines. It is the fluidity of the edges and the almond shape that indicate these are actually molded. Unlike molded glass or porcelain, the seam lines on these can be easily buffed. Then these were 'aged' with a tannin or tea polish to give the surface color.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance here on these for you.

Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.