Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have an antique clock made by E. N. Welch Mfg. Co.,in 1883

Customer Question

I have an antique clock made by E. N. Welch Mfg. Co.,in 1883 Forestville, Conn., "Regulator No. 11" variant, 8 day, spring brass double wind movement wall timepiece. The clock is in prestine condidtion and I would like to know maybe what it is worth.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It has a clock on top and a calendar on the bottom. It was purchased in 1883 from Montgomery Wards and in mahogany in color
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is Jennifer.I"m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

If you can upload a photo, I'm happy to take a look for you. As detailed as your description is, I really do need to see some photos.

Please note I don't work via phone call, but sometimes the system auto-sends a phone call request. If you get one of those,please ignore. I prefer to await online responses.

Please note th