Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have some silver, I think two sugar casters, both are

Customer Question

I have some silver, I think two sugar casters, both are hallmarked. They came home from England with my Dad after WWII. give me a moment I I wil get them and read you the hallmarks.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: In front of me is a belt buckle, it is enamaled silver with an iris on it, I'd say it is a little larger than a silver dollar. it is aldo hallmarked in th English style but I can't read them.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: The bag the silver casters cam in it had a tag marked George III
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your sugar castors, they sound as if they could be quite valuable if they are marked George III.

If you can get me photos of the castors and a photo of the marks, I'll identify them for you and give you a value.

Also, could you give me the approximate height of each piece.

Many thanks,

Robert

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

You need to be logged in to the JustAnswer site to do this. You can’t do it from email.

If you get stuck go here for help.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes.

Thanks R.