Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

How much is 2000 years old ricotta army statutes worth set

Customer Question

How much is 2000 years old ricotta army statutes worth set of four with horse? Possibly original not reproduction in a box written in Chinese?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 3 months ago.

Good morning,

If these are 2000 years old, they will need to be looked at in person by a certified fine art appraiser, this is not something that can be done online. There is no record of a 2000 year old set of soldiers being made or sold.

Here is the history of the Terra Cotta Soldiers that were discovered in the 70's. :

http://www.history.com/news/5-things-you-may-not-know-about-the-terra-cotta-army

.

I can help you find a list of appraisers you can contact in your area if you like?
Glenda

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You never told me what they are worth so you never answered my question so I am not satisfied with your service! I already knew the history you didn't tell me anything that I already didn't know!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I live in Chesapeake Va

Hello'

Thank you, ***** ***** get a list for you, be back as soon as I have it.

Glenda

Hello Elizabeth

After thinking on this for awhile. I realized that it would cost you more to have this appraised in person then what this set is valued at. The reason this is the case, if you read the history of the Soldiers, you see that the Terra Cotta Soldiers were discovered in the 70's, prior to that time no one knew of their existence and they were life size soldiers thousands of yeas old. So this set of soldiers could not have been produced until after the 70's when they original soldiers were discovered.. So I did some checking and there were sets just like you have that were created and sold in the 80's

I can value this set for you, so you do not have to pay an appraiser to tell you that they date to the 20thC. I did not want you to have to spend that kind of money on this.

Glenda