LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

Need info on painting

Customer Question

Need info on painting
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
A pic of signature just need to know artist and Approx value
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 3 months ago.

I am currently looking up this painting thank you.

Are there any markings on the back of the painting or tells where it was framed/?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
frame says Larson picture frame RM3501P 18x24
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Did you find anything out?

The artist I have not been able to find however the painting itself is of Mount Shasta from Lake Shastina side. Done in 1984 I feel the artist may have been a plien aire artist out painting. I have seen many of this side of the mountain and this is one of the better paintings. They would have been an unknown national artist however probably well known around the area. The painting overall is done very well and depicts the mountain and lake beautifully. Framed in a nice frame and with the size 18 x 24 this painting has a value of 350-375.00 and if you wish to insure this painting the insurance value would be 425.00

the frame itself

Over 100 Years of History

A small West Coast frame manufacturer founded in the late 1800’s would later become Larson-Juhl, the world’s leader in framing products, manufacturing and distributing. The company’s water gilding atelier in France, Senelar (pictured), also has a history of over 100 years of frame making and generations of expertise and craftsmanship. As a global company with a history built on artisanship, Larson-Juhl represents excellence in custom frames.

- See more at: http://www.larsonjuhl.com/About-Larson-juhl/#sthash.uMwwutGK.dpuf

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all question.