Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

S J.W.M.D, I have a 1926 painting with initials J.W.M.D

Customer Question

s J.W.M.D
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have a 1926 painting with initials J.W.M.D which i think is watercolor. Subject is young girl, kneeling holding up a 3 of Clubs with a deck at her knees. Black cat is by her side. She has a red polka dot skirt and head wrap. Do you know who could have painted it or anything about it? Painters initial s are J.W.M.D. in lower right corner with date 1926.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: purchased at a flea market and I believe it is an original.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is Jennifer.I"m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

If you can upload a photo, I'm happy to take a look for you. As detailed as your description is, I really do need to see some photos.

Please note I don't work via phone call, but sometimes the system auto-sends a phone call request. If you get one of those,please ignore. I prefer to await online responses.

Please note that I can only appraise one item within this question.