Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985

I have a & Barton silverplate teapot #2680, also with the

Customer Question

I have a Reed & Barton silverplate teapot #2680, also with the number 6 stamped on the bottom. I cannot locate this item anywhere to discover its age and approximate value. It is in excellent condition, with just a few small dings that one would expect with its age.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 months ago.

Hi Deborah,
My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Antiques for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. This is Britannia metal similar to Sheffield silver plate. Judging by the style it is circa 1870-1880. This would sell for $80-100 at auction insurance replacement vale is $200. If you had a set of at least 3 pieces the value would he higher.

Thank you,

Expert:  Wayne replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  Wayne replied 2 months ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? It is important that you click on the stars *****. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,