Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I just found an old book that my grandmother had and wanted

Customer Question

I just found an old book that my grandmother had and wanted to know if it had any value. It is called "The Mystery of Edwin Drood" By Charles Dickens. It is a first edition printed by Heritage Press , Norwalk, Connecticut, 1969. The book is in fine condition with not damage, all pages are crisp and clean with no yellowing, and a spine that is pretty immaculate. I do know that it at one point had a slip case for it, but I am not sure where it is. My question is if it has any value because me and my wife noticed something odd about this book. It was bound upside down. Apparently no one else in the family even looked through the book because no one else ever noticed it, but the binding looks completely original, just done upside down. I am not sure if this is a common occurrence or not, but I was wondering if you had an opinion on the subject. Thanks in advance!!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. If you can please post a photo of the cover and one of the copyright date so I can give you an accurate value of the book and check to see if it is a first edition. Thanks Mike

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your of book? Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I told you that it was a first edition
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am not in town and cannot send a picture right now, but just assume it is a first edition like I stated