Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have 5 books dated 1913 1916 1917 1919 & 1920. can you

Customer Question

I have 5 books dated 1913 1916 1917 1919 & 1920. can you tell approx. what the value of these are? 1920 serial207, 1918 serial#188, 1917 serial #137, 1916 seial # 113 & 1913no. 34
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** need more information about the books. The full title, the author, the publisher, the condition and the type of binding (is it cloth, leather) and the condition.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
this is my 4th response the booklets are bound with a hard paper type binding they all have Department of Natural History on the front and distributed by The Mentor assn New York, New York I also have cloth bound book that says National Geographic society published 1918 they all seem to be related somehow.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The book says the Department of Natural History it is by W T Hornaday director, New York zoological Park, volume 4 Number 13

The author William Temple Hornaday, Sc.D. was an American zoologist, conservationist, taxidermist, and author. He served as the first director of the New York Zoological Park, known today as the Bronx Zoo,

Your books are zoological in subject.

The Mentor Association published a variety of booklets they sell for $10.00 to $15.00.

The National Geographic Society books also sell for $10.00 to $15.00 each depending on the subject and condition. The Department of Natural History is possibly more. Is it possible to send an image of this book one of the whole book and one of the title page.