Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a red laq, chinese chest with jade? carvings on 3

Customer Question

I have a red laq, chinese chest with jade? carvings on 3 sides, has a drawer is about 4 ft tall. It is over 100 yrs and friend brought it back from Asia around the 1960's, did have authenticity papers, which converv. lost, am curious where to get it values and prob. sold. Joan, Oceanside, CA
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: Any suggestions where or whom to contact? I live in San Diego Co and would prefer someone coming to the house.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: it has a few nicks on the legs and the red color was a celedon red and has faded over the yrs. I have had it since 1976, prior to my getting it. It also has a shelf.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name iS ***** ***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Can you post a few photos of the chest for review I will also look up a specialist in your areatohelpinperson.