LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher

Can you identify these?

Customer Question

Can you identify these?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please allow me to research this and post my findings when completed. Is there a signature on this piece.?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
we can't maje it out. It is something like Ruymnn and the frame says hechoienimexico.
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 month ago.

I have been researching this unique painting. If you can get a clear close up on the signature of artist I may be able to make it up I have learned several things on these images within the painting and am researching the meaning of the symbols. Thank you for your patience as I want to be thorough and able to definitely explain them when completed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. I am away from home today. I will send you the image tomorrow afternoon

thank you i will watch for the photos tomorrow. I appreciate it as this will help in determining who did this painting and what the value is.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here is a photo of the signature.

Thank you for the close ups I am looking into the signature I have found these symbols to be emblems of protection to the individual seen in the painting and am looking for the artist this may take me a day or two please allow me to see if I may find the artist and post back here complete evaluation when completed. Thank you fro these

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello, do you have additional information on this painting?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would also like information on these.

Thank you for your patience. This has been an interesting quest. Ruyman was a street artist inn Mexico during the 1910-1930s era. This painting is of a street boy and has been painted and symbols added of protection to protect his spirit from the harms of the street living. This painting has a value of $350.00

The Chinese scroll of horse and rider is modern 1940-50 era and has a value of $65.00-100.00

The last item noted is a Siamese piece chariot with driver. The age is 1910-1920s and value is $250-300.00

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all question.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks again for the information. I have these 2 other items for you to take a look at.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Sorry, I accidentally hit the send. Here are the images.