Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I had a refinisher refinish a mahogany secretary desk from

Customer Question

I had a refinisher refinish a mahogany secretary desk from the late 1940's. It was in bad condition and now it looks great, however the drawer labels were accidentally removed, does this effect the overall value of the piece?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: not
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the piece was genuine Mahogany, probably bought through Sears and Roebuck
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** you for coming to Just Answer.
I will be glad to help you today.

I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
This will not effect the value of this piece. Are you wanting a value on this also? If so can you send me a picture of this?