Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have quite a few original oils and prints where the artist

Customer Question

I have quite a few original oils and prints where the artist name is ***** ***** any suggestions on finding out who they are? Thanks Andy Schneider
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 3 months ago.

Disregard

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
reply to what??

Hello

There was a message that I was sending to a different question it popped up on yours, I was letting you know to disregard that message, but, it has since been removed.

Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 3 months ago.

Hi andy my name is***** and I am an IRS qualified fine and decorative art appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my training, experience and research library to work for you.

It would help if I can see images of the painting and prints. One of the whole work front and back plus one of the signature.

Here are instructions on how to send photos to this site. Go to:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert- Or you can

email the photographs to***@******.*** attention Timothy in antiques.

I look forward to seeing your painting.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Timothy-thanks for the response. In my question, I referred to quite a few, do I understand you correct that you would try and identify one for the $24 already spent? I could have a hundred or more pieces -thanks andy

Andy that is a large project and we the appraisers get 1/2 of what you pay. To start the process I will look at 2 of the works to start.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That is very generous of you, last thing I want to do is beat you down in price. In my original question was asking, if you had any suggestions on how to identify some. Your answer would be an art expert (like yourself) has to look at each one. I was thinking you might be able to refer me to a site that might have a "glossary" or something with artist signatures to try and find them myself. Nonetheless, will send info and pics, as soon as I pick 2-thanks andy

There are sites with artists signatures and value information: http://www.artistssignatures.com/. The site is fee based. John Castagno has several books Artists' Monograms and Indiscernible Signatures. Some libraries have copies in their reference area.