Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

We have in our possession, what we believe is a Antique

Customer Question

We have in our possession, what we believe is a Antique Brass Dutch Christening Bowl (possibly 200 or 300years old?) with matching Candle Holders. It was found after WW2, it had been buried/hidden from the Nazi Regime. It was brought to Australia by Dutch immigrants. I was wondering if you have any idea of such pieces or how to locate a website to find more information on it. I have a few photo's of it and I will send one as a sample.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

This is a brass centerpiece bowl (nothing to do with christening), and would have formed a three-piece garniture along with the candlesticks. Can you post a photo of them as well? And a photo of the underside of the bowl?

Any marks, stamps, or labels anywhere on any of the pieces, even letters or symbols or numbers?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
G'day Jennifer. I am attaching some more photo's, their are no visible marks or stamps on it. it is held together by 1 central bolt and when it is undone it falls into about 18 pieces , It has been a long long time since we have had it apart, as it is difficult to re-assemble. I think their are marks or stamps on it that are visible when it is in pieces.
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 month ago.

Understood! No worries! Any photos of the candlesticks?