Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have an Aunt Jemima Cauliflower Cookie jar and I would

Customer Question

I have an Aunt Jemima Cauliflower Cookie jar and I would like to get some idea of what it's worth
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I know that it was made before 1973 because my husband bought it for me at a flea market in Seffner, FL in 1973. I done some digging online and found that it was likely made around 1947-49
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It is plain not cold painted.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

There have been many types of these ceramic figures made.

Please send me a photo of the marks on the bottom. I also need a photo of the full figure Aunt Jemima.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "reply to expert" or "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

Kind regards,