Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I am trying to find out if a child's chair I have is an

Customer Question

I am trying to find out if a child's chair I have is an antique. There are some type of screw holding the back on (the screws are slightly rounded and looks like a flat head screw). There are pegs (round) in the back holding the arms on. There is a spring coil running across the chair holding the seat cushion. There are initials on the front bottom of the chair TL.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Can you resend the picture of this, the picture came in on our end very dark and we cannot see the chair.

Glenda

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will try to send it again

Hello

Why do you call this a child's chair? is it very small?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is between an adult size chair and a small child's chair. I was told that it was called a child's chair.

Hello

I see, I think this is a Ladies Nursery or Sewing Chair, they were made where they would sit lower to the floor, so women who were holding babies or were knitting, darning etc, could easily reach what they needed. Is it just shorter then what would be a normal chair?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it is. Is there anyway to tell how old the chair is? The value of the chair would be? Thank you

Hello

Thank you,
.
The Antique 1910-15 Chair, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $450.00-525.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it.
.
Clicking the top star on the top left of the page does this
.
Thank you for taking time to rate this.
.
If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question.
.
I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this.
.
I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda