Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a set of Rosenthal China marked Sanssoucci Selb

Customer Question

I have a set of Rosenthal China marked Sanssoucci Selb Germany with some extra German markings. I would like to know value and where I can sell it.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is possibly pre WW2 There is a delicate flower pattern and a gold rim on the plates. The rim looks braided. I am having a hard time reading the German but will do my best. "fehlsortierung fabrfdekonwer" ?
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: The set is not complete. Some of the soupbowls (which look like cups with handles) are chipped so perhaps it should be appraised by piece. There is a platter, 2 very nice serving bowls, 8 plates, 6 soup bowls and 8 salad plates undamaged.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

"There is a platter, 2 very nice serving bowls, 8 plates, 6 soup bowls and 8 salad plates undamaged." Are these all the undamaged pieces in your set?

Please send a photo of the pattern. Sansoucci is the shape of the blank (white china) before it is decorated.

I also would like a photo of the marks on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "reply to expert" or "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Kind regards,

Doris