Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Have old what i thought forever was paint by #s on red

Customer Question

Have old what i thought forever was paint by #s on red velvet. I knew it was very old pulled ut out of closet where ut has been 30 yrs. backing came off so i carefully peeled the hanging paper only to find a letter. It described this thing as mis century asian batik. And describinf how it was made and came to be.
My sons art collector pal in georgia claims its worth alot and he wanted toknow how i got it. Said tis type is usually found only in new york ir los angeles. Shreveport louisianna does not have the resorses i need.
Unable to understand signature
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello

Do you mean this is a Mid Century Asian Batik? Can you send a picture of the paper that describes this? Batiking is an age old art. It is still in practice today among artists.

What do you mean you cannot understand the signature?

Glenda