Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a recently purchased a large print that was last put

Customer Question

I have a recently purchased a large print that was last put into frame in 1910 in London, England? The print itself is 24 x 17 inches. I will upload a photo of the print. I would appreciate any information that your experts might share about this print. Thank you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 3 months ago.

Hello Larita my name is***** and I am an IRS qualified fine and decorative art appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my training, experience and research library to work for you.

It would help if I can see clearer images of the print, because of the glass there is a mirror effect. Please include one of any writing or any signature.

Here are instructions on how to send photos to this site. Go to:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert- Or you can

email the photographs to***@******.*** attention Timothy in antiques.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** have added some additional photos here. I apologize for the poor quality of photography. Unfortunately, the photos do not share the vibrancy of the colors in this print. Just beautiful. The backing of the framed print was torn away a bit when it was recently removed from wherever it was hanging all these years. The newspaper used to pack between the frame and print was exposed and is dated February 22, 1910. It is a London newspaper. The size of the print is 24 x 17 inches and including frame is 35 x 26 inches. Thank you for you help.

Thank you, ***** ***** to be a monogram in the lower left facing corner. That may give us a clue as to who is the artist. I will check my reference material to see where it leads.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** will watch for your next post. : )

I have checked my resources and did not find a match. I will op out.This will reopen the question and allow one of the other experts to pick up the question.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well, thank you for referring my question, Tim.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Did someone else pick up my question? I would appreciate haring from someone. Larita
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just noted that your email informing me that you cannot identify the print was sent to email. Evidently your service will not be able to help me. I will try elsewhere. Larita