Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have an oil painting by Fritz Schipper, dated 1946 in

Customer Question

I have an oil painting by Fritz Schipper, dated 1946 in Germany. I need an appraisal for insurance but no one knows anything about him in Florida. I sent an email to Germany and the best I could understand from their information is that he was a clergyman that helped the Jews escape from Hitler. He hid out in the mountains. The painting is of a church in a valley at the foot of some mountains. Do you have any info?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 months ago.

There is no information of this German Artist. You will need to take this to an Art Appraiser in order for them to inspect this in person, they will be able to date it, and value it for you. They will also give you a written appraisal for your insurance company. If you need help getting a list of appraisers in your area I can help you with that.