Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an incomplete set of Royal Doulton china from the

Customer Question

I have an incomplete set of Royal Doulton china from the mark it looks to be from the 1930s.
The pattern is a gold band on the rim, and then a wider burgundy band, followed by another gold band towards the inside. I can't find a picture on the website to identify the name of the pattern. Does this sound familiar?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is***** you for coming to Just Answer.
.
I will be glad to help you today.
.

I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.

Can you send a picture of this and of the back of one piece?

Hello

I am unable to do a live phone call, I am sorry. I just needed to see a picture of what you have and also the back in order to help you find a value for your pieces.

If you can do that I can help you.

Glenda

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't know how to send a picture on the pc ...only with my iphone so I guess I should cancel this transaction and start over on the iphone?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have to head to work. I can try another time. Didn't realize it was this complicated for a computer dummy!

Hello

If you only have an iphone then you can email the pictures, like this.

Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.

I am happy to price this for you.

Glenda

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will try but it might take a minute

Hello

That is fine, when you can. Your question will be here. So you can even wait until you are off work. Your pictures will go to the site and they will forward them to me. We appraisers come to the site to answer questions that you post there.

Glenda

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sent the pics hopefully got it on the third try

Hello

Thank you, ***** ***** let you know as soon as they forward them to me.

Glenda

Hello

I received the pictures thank you. The pattern is E-5148. Are the pieces you have what are shown in the pictures?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, I have more, but it seems they were acquired at various farm sales and flea markets in Missouri. Including gravy boat and dinner plates, salad\soup plates, and covered serving bowls. Should I picture all on the iPhone?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There also oval serving bowls and saucers but no cups.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The reason I don't work off my iPhone it's too small this task is for some sort value for the family meaning my brother. I am not a vendor. I also have a mixed set of depression glass of amber Madrid pattern some original some reproductions

Hello

If you can tell me about what pieces you have that make up a set of this Doulton Pattern, I can give you an idea of what the value would be as a set. I just need to know, Dinner plates , Bread and butter Plates, Salad Plates, cup and saucer- this makes up a 5pc place setting, how many of those are there that make up a complete set. Then what serving pieces, platters, bowls, large bowls, sugar, creamer, tea or coffee pot.. Etc.. How many of these there are total.

I know what you mean about the phone, I cannot work from mine. There are too small for me and I have a larger one.

Glenda