AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

I have a lot of civil war era political type pins with

Customer Question

I have a lot of civil war era political type pins with ribbons and medals from Woman's Relief Corp to Delagate of the Army of the Rebublic. Are they worth trying to sell?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

This is a lovely collection of Civil War and Civil War Reunion memorabilia, and individually, these pins would sell in the range of $25 to $125, depending on the particular item. (I'm happy to specifically appraise 2-3 for you, if you let me know which ones).

Sold as a single collection, the value would likely be in the $300 range.

Etsy is a good place to sell items like this.

Please let me know if I can help further.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you tell me which ones are most expensive?

Not without actually looking each one up, but typically the earlier and the larger, the more expensive. A lot of these are reunion badges rather than actual civil war pieces, and the later the reunion, the lower the value (generally).

Sincerely,

Jennifer

How do I rate an answer?

You can give your rating by selecting one of the five faces located under each answer. Giving a positive rating compensates the Expert for their time with you. If the value of your question is more than the value of your deposit, then your deposit will be applied toward the balance due and the remainder will be debited from your previously specified payment method. Please remember that your Expert will not be paid until you leave a positive rating for the answer

Sincerely,

Jennifer

How do I rate an answer?