AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

I have several women's relief corp. pins from the Civil War

Customer Question

I have several women's relief corp. pins from the Civil War era, two specifically haveva photo of General John Logan, national commander of the Grand Army of the Republic. i've scoured the Internet and I can't find any pens or metals that look like this .
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 3 months ago.

Hi, this is Jennifer again.

These are not actually from the civil war era, these are from 22 and 25 years later, during some annual reunions.

The Kansas Department of the Grand Army of the Republic initially organized December 7, 1866 for the purpose of furthering the interests and preserving the memory of veteran Union soldiers in Kansas. It held annual encampments in various towns in Kansas.

Many other states held these as well.

The delegate badges typically resell in the range of $30-$50 as collectibles.

Please let me know if I can help further.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Sincerely,

Jennifer

How do I rate an answer?

You can give your rating by selecting one of the five faces located under each answer. Giving a positive rating compensates the Expert for their time with you. If the value of your question is more than the value of your deposit, then your deposit will be applied toward the balance due and the remainder will be debited from your previously specified payment method. Please remember that your Expert will not be paid until you leave a positive rating for the answer

Sincerely,

Jennifer

How do I rate an answer?