Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Just bought a beautiful cabinet made of mahogany and cherry,

Customer Question

Just bought a beautiful cabinet made of mahogany and cherry, with lots of inlay work on the doors to the cabinet and on the 4 drawers on the lower section. There are brass decorative stripes of ivy running vertically up the sides of the cabinet. Hand carved ivy leaves appear on the upper panels of the doors. There is also a Japanese theme of brass pagodas on the top of the cabinet and a brass image of a Japanese musician centered at the top of this piece. The feet of the cabinet are scat rounded pieces about 4 inches in diameter. Overall all height is about 5 feet tall and about 2 feet wide. I can send photos. Any ideas concerning age and origin is greatly appreciated.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Are there any marks, stamps, or labels on this piece, particularly inside the drawers or doors?

Can you upload some photos of the back, inside the drawer, and inside the door, so I can see construction?

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No markings or stamps, but here are more photos.

I'm not familiar with this styling, so I will opt out. Another appraiser should pick up the question.

Sincerely,

Jennifer