AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

I have a TY Beanie Baby Princess DI, that has always been in

Customer Question

I have a TY Beanie Baby Princess DI, that has always been in a protective case. She has all the correct tush tags and ear tag that represents the !st. Generation. Perfect condition. BUT, her tag has The PE instead of the PVC on it. What is her value? will pay for info.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: How do I get the appraisal from you? pay pal or?
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: the beanie has the white flower with green stem and everything else the 1st edition has except like I said it says PE pellets instead of PVC pellets
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

What the bear made in China or Indonesia?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Appraiser JM yes made in China

OK, on the heart hang tag, under the line "will be donated to the" is there a space before the line "Diana, Princess of Wales," or is it right on top of it with no space between the two lines?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No space

OK, thanks. So what you have is the second edition of the Princess Diana. The first had the PVC pellets. TY switched to PE pellets during the period when the Princess Diana was first being produced.

The average value for this PE version from China is $16.

Please let me know if I can help further.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

1

Thank you.

The true first edition bears had PVC pellets. That said, they are not nearly as valuable as people think--even though you may see astronomical eBay asking prices, they rarely sell above $50.

What you have is the second set, as Ty stopped using PVC pellets during the early production of the Princess Diana and switched to PE for environmental reasons. The average selling price is around $15.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

I see you have not yet accepted or rated my answer. Do you have further questions on these items?

Sincerely,

Jennifer

How do I rate an answer?

You can give your rating by selecting one of the five faces located under each answer. Giving a positive rating compensates the Expert for their time with you. If the value of your question is more than the value of your deposit, then your deposit will be applied toward the balance due and the remainder will be debited from your previously specified payment method. Please remember that your Expert will not be paid until you leave a positive rating for the answer