Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

I have in my possession a very old violin with label that

Customer Question

I have in my possession a very old violin with label that says "Nicola Russmanto"
and then "Fabrica Di Armonici" or possible a 1 instead of the last i.
then it says "V.S. LIBBORIO N12 Napoli 1889"
Can you tell me if this legit? or a copy?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Your violin is a factory-made piece fro Italy, around the turn of the 20th century. "Fabrica di Armonici" translates from the Italian to "Factory of Harmonics". Nicola Russmanto is a brand name and the VS Libborio N12 Napoli is the address.

If it is in very good condition with very good tone, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your violin is approximately $1,000. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $400, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

HI,

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.