Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a Waltham pocket watch, 14k gold, with a shield on

Customer Question

I have a Waltham pocket watch, 14k gold, with a shield on the center of the cover and star design around the shield and on the back. There is a number inside the case, W6540. It is in working condition and has only a small crack on the bottom right of the watch face between the edge of the second dial to between the numerals IIII and IV. When was this watch manufactured and what is its approximate value.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How does one set the hands on this pocket watch to the correct time?
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature to add pictures of the watch, dial, inner case and the movement.
The serial number on a watch is on the movement (guts) and not on the case. Thank you!

The time set will depend on the watch. I need to see a picture of the watch to let you know how to set the time.