Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

Beanie Babies collection value. I have bunch of beanie

Customer Question

Beanie Babies collection value. I have bunch of beanie babies from first generation to 4th generation. I got all these from my grandma's garage. They all have tags on it and look like new. I checked online and found out some news said the ones retired and have more errors on the tag, worth much more money. I want to know
1) What are the value of my collection; I don't want to trust ebay because they are not reliable.
2) Where can I sell this collections? Any stores?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 7 months ago.

Hello Vienna,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

How many Beanie Babies in your collection?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
About 50

Beanie Babies were quite the craze in the late eighties and early nineties, but it was a manufactured popularity. The company manipulated the market by holding back production and announcing they had made errors, thus driving people to collect because they thought these items would be increasing in value.

Today, you can see piles of Beanie Babies at flea markets and garage sales, offered for "peanuts".

If all yours are in perfect condition with perfect tags, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your collection is approximately $500. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $200, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Vienna.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Juith,May i ask you where exactly i can sell these?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Also, i have lots other items like old coins. Are you familiar with coins?

Hi Vienna,

If you want to sell the entire collection at once, do it locally. You can advertise on craigslist.com (free) or in your local newspaper. You can also post a notice on the bulletin board at your local supermarket. If none of that nets you a sale, try Ebay. It is a worldwide market.

No, I'm not an expert in coins.

Hi Vienna,

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.