Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

I have an old cast iron car no marking but there is a

Customer Question

I have an old cast iron car no marking but there is a number.(###) ###-####
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 3 months ago.

Hello Phillip,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

What are the dimensions of the car? Has it been repainted? Can you post more pictures of the car, taken from all angles, including the bottom, please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
10 1/2 long X 4 width X 3 1/2 tall
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
10 1/2 inches long 4 inches wide by 3 1/2 inches tall

Thanks!

Has it been repainted?

I'll wait for your additional pictures.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No
It's a Buick road master

And the pictures?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok

Thank you.

I still think this car looks as if it has been repainted and the number stamped on afterwards, but if you say it hasn't, then I'll value it as if it hasn't been.

The car model it depicts is from the late 1930s or early 1940s.

If it is in excellent condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your car is approximately $300. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $120, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Phillip.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do you know the maker of the car

No - if you had the box or if there was a trademark on it I could tell. But, the numbers were stamped on it after it was painted. They appear to be an inventory number and that's all.

Hi Phillip,

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.