Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a sewing kit that I believe is from the Civil war

Customer Question

I have a sewing kit that I believe is from the Civil war period. Many of the items are either ivory or bone (tools) what would the value of this kit be , where could I donate it?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Can you post a photo fo the kit for review and to see the pieces you have . I can then give you an age value and the way to go on this kit. There are several ways to donate this kit if you wish. You may post photos here within our chat or email them to***@******.*** and in the subject line please put " forCustomerquot; they will in turn forward them on to me. To place them here within our post click on the file upload button and follow the prompts. I look forward to helping you.