Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I inherited a Queen Anne mirror which has been in my family

Customer Question

I inherited a Queen Anne mirror which has been in my family since the turn of the century, I had it shipped from my birth country of England but have absolutely no idea what it is worth or what to insure it for. I have found similar mirrors on google that range anywhere from $1500-$22000. How do I go about getting it appraised?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 2 months ago.

Hi Venetia,

My name is ***** ***** I would be glad to help with your mirror.

I'll appraise it right here for you if you can provide photos including a close-up or two of the frame.

You can add as many images as you wish, there's no extra charge.

Also, can you give me its dimensions?

Many thanks,

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

You need to be logged in to the JustAnswer site to do this. You can’t do it from email.

If you get stuck go here for help.

Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes. Thanks R.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm having a problem with this. There is an "add files" icon at the bottom of the website can I take pics and add them there?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The glass which is original is 14" x 19". The mirror frame is 22" x 33"
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Other than the missing piece in the lower left corner and a tiny piece of guilt missing in the upper right corner, it is in excellent condition and the mirror is the original glass as far as I am aware.