Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have two pieces of pre-1860 furniture that are signed but

Customer Question

I have two pieces of pre-1860 furniture that are signed but it's very difficult to read the signature. Is there any way to help me decipher these signatures? They appear to be in "pencil"? The blanket chest is also marked "THAYER" on the back.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, I amCustomerand I will respond back as soon as I research your question.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the items and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm not sure if you can make out anything. I think the writing has a date of 1804 and the stamp on the back says THAYER

You are right, I am unable to see it well enough to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!