Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I own a temple of love clock by Festeau A Paris. It has the

Customer Question

I own a temple of love clock by Festeau A Paris. It has the rotary dials the minutes on the top ring and the hours on the bottom ring both being individual porcelain roman numerals. There is a crystal dome covering the mechanism which is removable for winding. It is in white marble with the four columns covered with spiraling guild leaves finely chased. There are four individual bronze women surrounding the top probably either the four fates or the seasons. The clock is decorated with galleries, roping and lion paw pad feet, the pendulum is a sun king. The clock runs very well and appears very original, The crystal dome is a replacement, but is quite beautiful.
I also own a Anre Voision hot air balloon clock with very elaborate workmanship in fire guiding to all of the applied bronze. It has two figures sitting in the gondola which is supported by entwined roping, the sides of the gondola have elaborate dolphin faces. The balloon is supported by two columns with applied garland spiraling downward There are three very detailed finials, one on each of the columns and the third on top of the balloon. The mechanism is correct with the signed porcelain face. Overall a beautiful clock. I believe that both of the clocks are quite rare examples of 18th century period.
Thank you Barry
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is Jennifer.I"m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

If you can upload a photo, I'm happy to take a look for you. As detailed as your description is, I really do need to see an image.

Please note I don't work via phone call, but sometimes the system auto-sends a phone call request. If you get one of those,please ignore. I prefer to await online responses.

Please note that I can only appraise one item within this question.

Photos received, thank you.

Are you looking for a retail value for insurance, or a potential resale value?

Is the clock in working condition?

Where is the Festeau a Paris mark?