LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher

I was given an old trunk which belonged to my grandfather.

Customer Question

I was given an old trunk which belonged to my grandfather. It contains many antique papers and some old postcards. The postcards are postmarked 1907 to 1909 and have 1 cent stamps. All but one has divided backs. The undivided card has not been used. One card has art by ***** *****e, trademark Davidson Bros, New York and London. Several cards are made in Germany. Some have cancellation marks that are ovals and appear hand stamped. One made in Germany says Mezzochrome around a circle with a clover in it, under the clover is printed Lepzig, Berlin and Dresden. Are these of any value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Could you post or send a few photos of the trunk and postcards front and back to review. These do have value and I can help you further once I see the cards and the trunk. To email the photos please send to ***@******.*** and in the subject line put "forCustomerquot; and they will send them on to me. Thank you I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sending photos forCustomerI'm having trouble sending photos
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Having trouble sending photos toCustomer

Hello I have one postcard here showing.

I am sorry you are having trouble if you can add photos to an email and send them to ***@******.*** and in subject line put "for ladyatanya65" I would be able to get them that way also. This post card I am going over now and it looks to be a great card considering the age - well taken care of. I will look value now and post back here .

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sent several fronts/backs of cards hope you got them

The one postcard that I have on my end here tonight has a value of 15.00 and was done in 1902. In todays market you would realistically see a selling price of 8.00-9.50 for this postcard. When I receive the others by email I will post back here thank you so much .

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ladyatanya65. Sent photos by email

thank you I will reply back here once I receive the email it goes to the company and they in turn send them on to me.

this postcard of entrance to Krugs Park - this is one of the first cards done of the postcards. the one cent postage stamp was used from 1998-1951 and the cancellation stamp looks to be 1900. These cards were done in Germany and sent to usa to sell. The value on this card is 18.00 and realistically sold in store today for 9-11.00

Hello, I wanted to check in and see how it was going and if you had a chance to send photos. I have not received any more on my end. If you have more questions please let me know and if not please take a moment to rate my answers as this is how I ma paid for my work.

I look forward to hearing form you.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all question.