Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

We have a large amount of Indian arrowheads and other items

Customer Question

We have a large amount of Indian arrowheads and other items found in the early 1900's. Do you have any way we can get them appraised or find a buyer. These need to be sold to pay for an estate. Thanks!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello

Are you wanting someone to come to your house to give you values on all of your items?

Glenda

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The items are in a relative's house in NW Illinois. Would it be a good idea to photograph the items for appraisal? ( We know to wear gloves and use special paper to put them on). They are now in wooden drawers and we are not even sure of the number of items. Would be great to donate to a museum but the money is needed for the estate's bills. Many of the items are marked (written by pencil) with the place found and the date it was found. Any help with this would be appreciated.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello

The best thing you can do is to have an appraiser come to where the items are. Or have them taken to the appraiser in the area they are. They can give you an idea of what you have, how much they are worth and what they might sell for on today's market. This is the very best way to do this, these area always best looked at in person.

I can assist you with finding an appraiser in that area if you like?

Glenda

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
if you know of a person who could appraise the items and help us find a fair buyer that would be great! They are in Stockton, IL.
Thanks!

Hello

I can give you a list of appraisers you can contact, you will have to talk to them to see if they know someone who would purchase this.

.

I will be back in just a little while.