Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I purchased a sofa and chair, no padding or cushions, and

Customer Question

I purchased a wood sofa and chair, no padding or cushions, and found a lable stating it was mfgd. by Poths & Company, Weed Street, Chicago, IL. I want to paint it but thought I should try to find some info on the two pieces before I do. Its very decorative with a lot of carving and other details. The rocker mechanism is round coil springs. I have not been able to find any info and would greatly appreciate any help. Thanking you in advance.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No picture available and the only label we found was from Poths & Company, manufacturer of Parlor Suit Frames, Rockers and Student Chairs, 130-134 Weed, Chicago, IL. No zip code.

I am unable to find a match for this item without photos. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i do not know how to do a picture on my computer. i can send one on my phone if you can give me a number to send it to. sorry i am so computer illiterate. guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks. my kids and grandkids are always trying to teach us the new technology but it just doesn't stick.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello Joyce

Maybe I can help you with this. I know the company was in the Chicago area from the late 1800's until sometime in the early part of the 20thC.

Do you know how to email a photo to yourself from your phone?

Can you tell me if you signed up with Just Answer from your phone?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not sure what you mean. I do not know how to send a photo to my computer from my phone. Can I do it by sending the pic to my email address? Sorry to be so lame on this. And, no, I signed up from my computer.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tried sending a picture from my phone to my computer and it went through. Now, how do I send it to you?

That is great, now do this.

Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.