Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

Users/wayne/Desktop/Gamboni Tile only.JPG

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, I am Rarewares and I will respond back as soon as I research your question.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of a signature and let me know a bit more about this piece (size, where you acquired it, etc).

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have gotten no response.. Please do not charge my card.

I did respond asking for a bit more information from you before I answer. Is there a signature, if so, please add a photo. I would also like to know the measurements and where you acquired the piece. These are all standard things that an expert would ask before giving an assessment.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK .
The plaque is signed. It is about 18 inches wide.
It was given to me by Bruno Gamboni the ceramic potter in Florence Italy in 1963.
Are you familiar with when and how the Bauhaus design movement had made crafts more recognized as fine art? I think this fits into that rare category. If not then I think this may be outside your area of expertise. Gambon's father has ceramic pieces appraised by the Kovells for several thousand dollars. This should have more value as a rare work by a famous potter, mostly known for art pottery. Please do not charge for an appraisal if you have not specific knowledge of Gamboni ceramics. Thanks.. no offense.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a blog on that tells the history of how I got the plaque.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is third time you have not responded with any information. Please just delete my billing information unless I get a satisfactory response in the next few minutes. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do not call without first responding in this format. thanks.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Gambon's signature can be easily found with a Google search. Your request causes me to conclude that I can do the research that you would be doing if you are not familiar with this famous Italian potter. So please just cancel the inquiry and do not offer an appraisal
Thanks. Wayne ******.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please confirm receipt of my cancellation. Thanks