Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have an Cotillion plated silverware which is missing some

Customer Question

I have an Cotillion plated silverware which is missing some pieces. I inherited it from my mother. I need a ball park value for possible inheritance tax.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I would take it somewhere to be apprised but I don't know where to go in my area. The set is from Rogers jewelers, my parents married in 1949 so I assume they bought it in the 1950's. I have the case, but as I said, there are some knives missing, spoons and if it had large serving forks, spoons, and knives, ladel these are missing as well.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I do not plan to sell as I am attached for the family sentiment. It is mostly complete and I may buy some missing pieces in the future.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

"Sets" come in many different sizes.

Please tell me the following -

How many people does your set serve?

How many pieces does each person have?

How many serving pieces are there? These can add as much as 30% to the value of a set.

Kind regards,