rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Oriental two-panel 6 foot screen of with ivory carvings

Customer Question

Oriental two-panel 6 foot screen of ebony with ivory carvings purchased at the 1905 St. Louis Worlds Fair. Have pictures.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Unfortunately these are the best pictures I have at this time as the screen resides in another state. We just do not know what its worth and what to do with it. Many thanks.

This is simply one of the best I have ever seen.

This screen has a current value of at least $11,000 to $15,000 at auction, possibly more. I have seen these high quality pieces

go crazy with bids from Asia in live auctions.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are are,,,, Lushpad,, and
You would probably be best, ***** ***** go to or and search their directory for an auction house near you that deals in Asian antiques and consign to them. They would sell it and then send you a 20% commission 14 to 45 days after the auction.

It would be best to find an auction house that has international online bidding because this would likely be purchased by someone in Hong Kong or Singapore. You might even try Christie's or Sotheby's (they tend to say no to everyone lately, though).
It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.