rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a gold pocket watch produced by the Illinois Watch

Customer Question

I have a gold pocket watch produced by the Illinois Watch Company, Springfield. The serial number on the works is(###) ###-#### The watch runs perfectly. What is an estimated worth of this? My grandfather had it when he worked on the railroads in Iowa.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.

This is a 1921 Illinois open face 14k gold pocket watch in size 18s with a 21-jewel, Bunn Special, model 6 movement.

The Bunn Special movement makes it worth a bit more than an average large, gold pocket watch. I am assuming it is gold, most were but they made some silver cases as well.

This has a current value of $1700 to $1900.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.