rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I just purchased a silver tea set with the markings of

Customer Question

I just purchased a silver tea set with the markings of Gorham E/anchor symbol/P YC 3131 Strasbourg on the bottom of each piece. There are four pieces and a tray with different markings on the bottom. Is this possibly a legit silver setting or a silver plate setting? Thank you for any information you can tell me.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please use the Add Files feature to add pictures of the set and of the marks on the bottom.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is all I have at the moment.

This is a 1940-50 five piece silver plated tea set made by Gorham Silver in the Strasbourg pattern. It is silver plated and not sterling because of the EP mark on the bottom which means Electro Plate. This set has a current value of $1000 to $1200 retail.

This would sell well on Ebay,,,, or you could go to or and consign to them.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.